Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Made My First Reproduction SNES Cartridge

Today I successfully made my own reproduction 
copy of Zelda Parallel Worlds. 

The Legend of Zelda Parallel Worlds is a fan overhaul of The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past using new graphics, new music, a new overworld and underworld, and a storyline.

Had to do some rewiring after writing the rom to eprom’s. I have to admit I am still a beginner when it comes to soldering. I went through three pcb’s and got it on the third try. From my experience I am much better at it after 5-6hrs of tinkering.

Here it is in action, tested and working.

I'll be making more reproductions in the near future, this one was just to break the ice and get a feel for how it's done. I have planned Star Fox 2 in the future. However, that one may have to wait because of the difficulty.

1 comment: